Saturday, May 22, 2010

With My Own Eyes- A Ghost Story

My friend Beth is an incredible woman. She teaches in a local college, is a yoga instructor has a husband, a bunch of kids and lives and runs a small horse farm.

Beth is a practical person. Although open minded she really has not had any personal experiences with the paranormal. Beth was the last person on earth I ever thought would call me for advice about a ghost.

Beth told me she was having an ongoing situation at the house and on the farm and wanted to know if I could drop by and visit with her. Beth has been a good friend for many years and she is the last person to think a creaky floor or flickering light is a ghost. I knew something must be going on for Beth to bring it up at all. I decided to visit her right away to find out what was happening.

I arrived at Beth’s farm and drove immediately to her house that sat on top of a small hill in front of the farm. Behind the house were paddocks, a big barn, with many different horses along with a pony, a goat, dogs, cats and chickens- I think you get the idea. Beth and her family love animals.

As soon as I arrived Beth walked me directly to the main hall explaining that it happens in her bathroom.”

We walked down the hall to the homes master bedroom. The bedroom was at the back of the house facing the barn . We stood in the bedroom facing the bathroom door. Beth pointed at the bathroom door and said, “That’s where it happens, right at that door.”

Beth then told me that two of her older children would sometimes use her bathroom when trying to get ready to go out if other family members were using the other bathrooms.

The problem started about three weeks ago. Her oldest son was in her bathroom taking a shower about 7pm. Standing in Beth’s room ironing his shirt at the time was Beth’s other teenage son. All of a sudden a violent pounding started to occur on the bathroom door. It was a loud clear hard knocking.

The boy in the shower started to yell out to his brother in the bedroom ironing, asking him what he wanted. At the same time the boy ironing was yelling to his brother in the bathroom asking him why he was banging on the door. The commotion stopped and both boys continued on with what they were doing.

A few minutes passed when the knocking started up again. This time the pounding was loud and vibrated the entire room. Both boys thought it was the other one doing it and both headed towards the door. The boy inside the bathroom opened the door and started to yell at his brother. The brother in the bedroom returned the screaming both insisting the other had been the door banger. Both boys started to walk out of their parent’s bedroom one behind the other when the door pounding started one last time.

Both boys stood silently looking at the other while the pounding shaking door seemed to be knocking and shaking on its own. The boys bravely flung open the door to look inside the bathroom. It was empty. They then ran the water in the shower and sink and tried hard to repeat the noise. Nothing happened. They searched inside and outside the house yet found nothing that would cause the door to be pounded in the way that it was. The two young men were confused and quickly reported the event to the rest of the family.

A few days passed when my friend was home in her kitchen with her oldest son who was the boy in the shower during the first incident. Suddenly they could hear hard loud knocking coming from the back of the house. They followed the noise to the end of the house where the first incident occurred. They could not find anyone or anything that was causing the loud banging.

The loud knocking continued occurring every few days. The family continued to search their property, check the pipes and look for construction problems to try to find the cause of this strange happening. They came up empty handed.

This is the point I enter the picture. Beth knew I was friendly with a psychic who was a sensitive. I knew the psychic was good but rarely used her gifts as she was not always able to receive information when she wanted to making her fearful of disappointing people if she was having an off day.

Rather than disappoint people she simply kept her abilities private. Beth wanted me to try to convince the psychic to visit her small farm to see if she could sense anything odd going on.

I told my psychic friend about the happenings at Beth’s house and asked if she would like to take a ride over to the horse farm to see if she had any feelings about the place. The psychic doubted she would be able to help but agreed to take a quick ride with me to Beth's farm.

I arranged to take my psychic friend to Beth’s horse farm during the afternoon when Beth's family was out. My psychic friend wanted to visit the farm with as little commotion as possible around so she could concentrate on the energy around the place.

While driving to the horse farm my psychic friend warned me she most likely would not be able to pick up anything at all. She did not want me or Beth to be disappointed. She also told me that she was not use to being around animals especially horses and did not know if she would be able to pick up anything in this type of environment. I told her we did not have our hopes up and just wanted her to take a quick tour of the farm.

We arrived at Beth’s farm. I entered the long road that drove past the house back to the paddocks and open areas of the farm and barn.

My psychic friend became silent. As we drove past the house she yelled for me to stop. I jammed on the brakes and watched as she sat silently looking at the house. She then told me to drive on. I drove past the chickens, past the goat’s fenced area and on to the barn. Along side of the barn was a large fenced paddock with two horses in it. A pinto and a big brown horse with a white stripe on its nose. Both horses stood munching feed out of large feeding pails.

The psychic told me to stop. Once again I slammed on my brakes. She sat silently looking out her window. She threw open the door before I could react and climbed up on the paddock fence. The psychic beckoned to the large brown horse with an arm gesture while softly calling for the horse to come to her.

I sat without making a move watching as the large brown horse ran over to my psychic friend. She pulled the head of the horse to her face and started to pet and talk to the animal. They stood together for a few minutes until the psychic told the horse to show her something. The horse turned and trotted over to the opposite corner of the paddock near the entrance of the barn. The psychic jumped back into my truck and directed me to drive over as close as possible to where the horse now stood.

The psychic once again was out of the truck the moment I came to a stop back standing with the horse. The psychic knelt near the horse and ran her hands over the ground by the corner of the barn. This went on for about five minutes. She then stood up and walked into the barn. I got out of the truck and went into the barn after her. She waved for me to stay away. I stopped and waited at the entrance watching as she examined every stall and section of the big long barn.

When she was done she marched towards me down the middle of the barn and told me to get back into the truck. We drove around the farm for a few minutes until she told me to return to the house but this time to park in the back of it near the part of the house that had the door-banging event.

We sat silently. I knew not to speak or break her thoughts. When she was ready she turned to me and said. “ There are people buried here. I think they may have been Indians. They are tormenting the brown horse. They are confused about this family being here and especially concerned about two young men who live here.

I did not know what to say. She went on and told me how the brown horse was very unhappy and being tormented by spirits or lost souls who once lived on this land and are confused about the horses. She told me that they seem to be trying to take care of or protect the horses but instead are making the horse miserable. The psychic turned to me and said, “ The horse wants help”.

She continued by telling me that the farm had darkness about it due to the fact the people who once were here were hanging around the land and not moving on. She told me she felt they were Indians and we should research the history of the area.

The psychic also told me she was sure that the banging on the back of the house was from these lost souls or ghosts. She told me it was just a warning to let the family know they were on Indian land. She thought the banging was being brought on by the families two tall strong young sons who tended the horses. She thought that they somehow were a threat to the lost souls still wandering the farm.

I drove to the front of the house where Beth stood waiting for us. The psychic repeated in detail all she told me about the farm to Beth. Beth stood silently listening to every word the psychic told her.

Beth told us both that indeed her farm was part of a large Indian settlement at one time. She was not at all shocked at what the psychic reported feeling.

The psychic gave Beth a list of things to do to ease the situation before it became more intense or increased. The psychic felt the horse needed a rest from the torment of the lingering souls and suggested Beth get right to what she thought should be done to calm the restless souls.

Beth was to obtain a smudge stick, a cross, salt water, clean all dead matter like old leaves from the barn and house area and talk to the spirits while cleansing her land.

The psychic knew of people in the area who may help with this cleansing and agreed to arrange a meeting for Beth as to find out the correct method of dealing with this situation.

I did not see Beth for about two weeks after that meeting. Beth did meet with those who gave her ideas on how to handle her seemingly haunted Indian land.

Beth did smudge stick cleanings of her land using certain herbal smudge sticks. She would burn the smoky stick while walking the borders of her farm as well as all the land within her property lines. She would tell the spirits she was there to care for the land and the horses and young men where her sons belonged to her. She also asked the spirits over and over to let go of the land and move on to the light. Beth did this routine over and over for about two weeks..

One late afternoon I stopped over to visit Beth. She was glad to see me, as she liked having someone with her when she did a smudge stick cleaning and was planning to do one just as I arrived.

It was still light outside but turning quickly into dusk and I was anxious to have Beth do what she had to do so we could leave the darkness of the large open farm and head for the bright lights and warmth of her house.

I drove my truck to the front of Beth’s barn. Beth was already in the barn where she was lighting the smudge stick to smoke the barn to clean away all bad energy. She walked into each stall and every part of the barn speaking clearly to the spirits that may be lingering. Beth was strong and serious as she spoke to that which did not belong in her barn. She told the spirits it was time for them to move on. She promised it was her time to take care of the land and horses and they needed to move on to their own destiny.

I watched without interrupting as Beth carried out her ritual as instructed by those who knew how to sooth the souls of those who lived there before.

Beth finished and told me she had to run up to the house for a second. She told me to wait for her in the barn, as she did not want to leave the animals alone while the smell of the smudge sticks lingered in the area. She told me to just stay around and keep my eyes open until she returns.

I was not comfortable at all alone in the barn. I walked over and got back into my truck. Beth’s dog came crying at my door. I let the dog jump in and sit with me in the truck. I backed up and faced the barn so I could see both inside it and into the large paddock on the side of it.

Beth’s dog began to whimper softly. I looked over at him and then to where he was looking into the large paddock next to the barn. I caught the quick movement of what looked like a large gray horse cross the field heading at a full run for the back of the paddock. I started to panic as I thought one of the horses was upset by the smell of the smudging and was trying to get out and run away. I pointed my truck towards the paddock and turned the lights into the field. I could see the pinto and the brown horse as always but no other animals.

My first thought was that the back gate was left open to the paddock during Beth’s smudging ritual. I feared the large gray horse I saw run across the field got out and was running away. I quickly drove my truck along the side road that takes you to the back of the barn and other paddocks on the farm.

The dog and I drove quickly to the backside of the barn. The gates were all closed. I got out of the truck with the dog sticking tightly to my legs. I looked all over but did not see that gray horse anywhere on the farm. I walked over to the back paddock and climbed up on a fence overlooking the back of the farm. The dog was next to me and started to bark a high-pitched strange whining bark..

That is when I saw it. A figure following what looked like a gray-white haze into the woods that lined the back of the farm. The figure looked to be a man wearing a grayish white overalls or jumpsuit as it was all the same color. The figure was walking at a fast pace and followed the larger object into the woods.

The dog barked and whimpered. I did not know what to do or think. I ran back to the truck, the dog jumped over me into the passenger seat and together we headed full speed towards the house.

I started blowing the horn as I neared the house. Beth came running out. I told her what I had just seen. I thought maybe her neighbors walked their animals around her farm or cut across her land. Beth told me she did not have any neighbors in the back- it was all woods. Beth got into the truck with her dog and we went back to show her where we saw the figures walking in her back paddock.

I would not get out of the truck. I showed my friend the spot. She was confused as no one was ever anywhere near her farm. I then asked her where she kept the gray horse as I thought he got away. My friend looked at me like I had lost my mind. She told me she did not own a gray horse. I started to feel a little sick inside.

I did not know what I had seen. I felt sick and weak inside and wanted to leave the farm. Beth tried to comfort me but I just wanted to leave and quickly drove home.

The next morning while sitting drinking my morning tea telling my family about my adventure at Beth’s farm the phone rang. It was Beth. The psychic had just stopped by to see Beth to ask her if the spirits were gone? She told Beth she could see them leaving and knew that they no longer were lingering around her farm. Beth told her of my encounter with the figure and phantom ghost horse. The psychic just laughed and said, “I know, she saw the last of them leave”. She then told Beth that the great white spirit horse goes first into the light to be followed by the last warrior.

I have no idea about what happened at Beth’s farm. I know the brown horse is happy now and bounds around the place like a young pony. I know the dog runs around and never whimpers. I know all the knocking and banging has ended in the house. I also know I saw with my own eyes a white ash colored horse that did not exist, a gray haze and a ash colored figure cross Beth’s land that day with my own eyes. It was not a man. It walked with the haze through a fence into the woods without losing a step, and it did it right in front of me.

I claim nothing more than the fact this happened. I watched whatever it was at Beth’s farm leave.

And I saw it with my own eyes!

♥ Copyright © 2008- 2009 Chris Holly all Rights Reserved
Chris Holly’s Paranormal World-

1 comment:

Anonymous said...