Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

I Come From Circus Folk

Not exactly a new blog; I've had this around for awhile but hadn't done anything with it: I Come From Circus Folk. I was enjoying the idea of it, but wasn't sure what direction I wanted to take. The other day, I was revisiting this new/old blog of mine, and almost ready to put it out there, playing around with templates, etc. but felt too tired to make a decision. Then I checked my bloglist, and noticed Nick Redfern's latest blog Nick's Fortean Pic of the Day, a great idea -- where Nick posts photos, drawings, book covers, etc. of Fortean goodness with a little history of each. creation. I commented over there that, maybe not exactly a moment of synchronicity, it was a little weird I had just been thinking of publishing my blog of circus folk images, then saw his new blog.

A special acknowledgement to the late Mac Toonies, who was a good friend of many, including Nick's. Mac's blog Things That Look Like Flying Saucers was the inspiration for Nick's Fortean Pic of the Day. Mac's blog was truly an inspiration, as I had noted on my blog Vintage U.F.O., and Mac kindly posted my comment on his blog.

No comments: