Search This Blog

Saturday, October 27, 2007

Creatures and Red Glowing Eyes


Weird creatures and aliens are sometimes reported as having "glowing red eyes." From ETs to entities to Bigfoot, Mothman, the Chupacabra, etc. the strange glowing red eyes are the thing that seems to drive home the fact we're not in Kansas anymore.
Kithra has written a piece on her blog Kithra's Krystal Kave, on these weird creatures: Glowing Red Eyes.

Why are glowing red eyes a big deal? Because eyes aren't self-luminous, explains Kitrha, referencing science, they reflect light. Red eyes aren't reflecting light -- light from where?

There's a lot of great material here; with good sources. I enjoy Kithra's writing; she informs, and knows her material.


About the red eyes: they're creepy. I wrote an artifice for UFO Digest a while ago about images that have disturbed me over the years. One of the images was of aliens rushing across a field (an Australian sighting.) They were typical "grays" but their eyes were glowing red; the illustration that flashed on the screen just threw me.

I had my own encounter with a red glowing eyed being when I was a child. More on that later.

1 comment:

Kithra said...

Thank you for those very kind words about my latest article. It's always to encouraging to know that others also appreciate what I try to do.

I have to admit that, personally, I've never had an encounter with a being that had glowing red eyes. But I'm definitely looking forward to reading about your own one during your childhood.