Search This Blog

Friday, January 25, 2013

Dollar Store Book Finds



The other day I found this book, brand new, at the Dollar Tree: Dracula, the Undead, by Dacre Stoker. Dacre Stoker is the great grand-nephew of Bram Stoker, author of the classic Dracula. I haven't read the book yet -- reading my other dollar store book find right now. Here's a blurb from Amazon on Dracula the Undead:

"The official sequel to Bram Stoker's classic novel Dracula, written by his direct descendant and endorsed by the Stoker family. The story begins in 1912, twenty-five years after the events described in the original novel. Dr. Jack Seward, now a disgraced morphine addict, hunts vampires across Europe with the help of a mysterious benefactor."


I'm looking forward to reading this, I love good Vampire stories (not the slow motion teen angst of Twilight stuff) and I also love the time period of the late 1800s into the early 1900s. So. My other book find, for a buck, at the Dollar store: Whitley Strieber's The Omega Point: Beyond 2012. I wasn't going to get it at first, not sure why, haven't read Strieber in years. Though I do keep up with him and respect him. But something made me go back and pick up the book and I'm glad I did. I haven't finished it, but so far, it has really kept my attention! I'll be posting more on the book at Animal Forteana and UFO Mary.

No comments: