Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

From Kithra: "Slowing Down and Cutting Back"

A poignant piece from Women of Esoterica contributor Kithra at her blog Kithra's Krystal Kave, about health and decisions. Please keep her in your thoughts of healing and love. . .

The years have not been kind, and this week I reach my middle 60s which, on some days for me, often feels more like my middle 80s! Yes, I know we now have the expression that these days the 60s are the new 40s, but it doesn’t feel that way for me. My health has been in steady decline for the last decade or so, and with it my eyes are deteriorating more than is normal. In fact I have a problem with my left eye that makes it almost impossible to see clearly out of it now, and that will only get worse as there is no cure. I’m not going to bore you with all my medical symptoms, or the list of medication my doctor has prescribed. And yes, again, I know that many of you don’t take medication but prefer to rely on herbal and alternative remedies. Well, I’ve tried some of those in the past, and they don’t give me the relief that my prescription does, so I’m sticking with that.

1 comment:

Kithra said...

Thank you for those very kind words and thoughts, they're much appreciated.