Search This Blog

Monday, December 7, 2009

Princess of Mars

Edgar Rice Burroughs Princess of Mars is soon to be released as a movie. Reading Wikipedia's entry on the novel, considered to be "a classic example of 20th century pulp fiction" inspired me to read the book. The movie I'm not so sure about for a variety of reasons, including what comic book author and writer Christopher Mills of Atomic Meltdown has to say about the film. Sci-fi pulp is a genre I appreciate and wish I had time to get into, but I don't know much about it. I am a fan of vintage cover art; pulp fiction, albums, that kind of thing, and found some nice vintage images of Princess of Mars, as well as the others in that series.



The first German edition of Edgar Rice Burroughs'
Princess of Mars (1924)








If you're interested, visit Atomic Meltdown for all kinds of neat-o stuff.



Visit The Orange Orb
http://orangeorb.blogspot.com

No comments: